Want to tone up and get some movement in but not real wild about the gym? Here are some fun ideas that will have you toning up gym-free.
- Take to the hills. Find a hill near you and get in as many hill sprints as you can. Of course remember to get in a proper warm up & stretch after. That kind of work out is not for the faint of heart.
- Grab some bands and sliding discs and get in a great workout at home while catching up on a favorite podcast or show.
- Go for a hike with friends. It is the new Happy Hour after all.
- Volunteer to work at a community garden. You would be surprised how working a field for a few hours will get you moving and sometimes even sweating.
- Jump rope.
- Volunteer to do an elderly neighbors yard work or some restoration repairs on their house.
- Sign up for a beautification project in a local neighborhood.
- Volunteer to play with neglected children at your local church or foster program. I bet it will be hard to keep up.
- Treat yourself and get that indoor cardio piece of equipment or gym set up you have always wanted. Just make sure you use it!
- Go to bed early. You heard it go to bed – relax and rest. A little sleep does wonders for the immune systems and puts your hunger hormones in check.
Looking for a workout program that fits into your lifestyle? Then head over to our SHOP.
Our shop is a proud sponsor of Food For The Soul, an organization dedicated to combating hunger and spreading HOPE throughout DFW. For every purchase of our ebook, we donate $1; for every nutrition and training program purchase we donate $5.