It is about to be my favorite time of year! I love the Holidays and all the craziness that comes with it. Below, you will find 10 ways to keep the weight down while enjoying all the festivities.
- Get moving. Volunteer to help decorate a local foster home or children’s hospital for the Holidays. Extra movement means extra calories burned.
- Forgo your $4.95 daily latte and replace it with tea or black coffee. With the money saved put it towards your favorite charity. For just $5 you can feed a child for a week with some great organizations. Check out Food for the Soul, if this idea piques your interest.
- If you have leftovers after dining at a restaurant, give it to maybe someone homeless on the street you might have passed by.
- Volunteer to serve at an all-day event and be the last one to eat.
- Have a healthy “Holiday Meal” and invite your neighbors over.
- If fitness is your gift, offer to teach or train a single mother or person whose finances might be tight for free. It will get the both of you moving.
- Offer to go for a walk with a co-worker, family member, or church member that may just need someone to talk to.
- Instead of indulging in comfort food, write Thank You notes to loved ones. You might be surprised you will get the same kind of rush.
- Offer to help with an elderly couple’s yard work. A little extra yard work is good for the core. Okay, I made that up, but you will burn a few extra calories.
- Make a healthy dinner for a neighbor that may be having a rough Holiday season.
Leave a comment below and let us know how you like to give during the Holiday season!
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples if you love one another.”
Give the gift of health and HOPE this Holiday season for yourself and your loved ones. Checkout out our SHOP. Discount code Holiday30 gets you 30% off all producs!