Take your breakfast to the next level with this recipe or mix it up and have breakfast for dinner! Let us know if you love the recipe in the comments below!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced small (1/2”) or peel and grate sweet potatoes into long shavings
- 1 lb ground chicken or beef
- Salt and pepper
Special Spice Mixture:
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 large honey crisp apple diced
- 3 cups kale chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp water or broth
- 2-3 Tbsp ghee or coconut oil, for cooking
- For this recipe, you’ll brown the meat separately from the potatoes. You can either use two skillets or use the same skillet, browning the meat first and then setting it aside.
- Brown meat in about 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and half of the spice mixture. Once browned, set aside.
- In another large skillet or the same skillet used for meat, add 1-2 Tbsp ghee and heat to med/hi. Add potatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook for about 2 minutes uncovered, stirring to brown.
- Cover the skillet and lower heat to medium, cook another 3-5 minutes, stirring once midway, until soft. Uncover and add apples, kale, and water or broth, then cover again and cook 1-2 minutes. Uncover once more and sprinkle with the remaining spice mixture. Continue to cook for another minute uncovered or until toasty.
- Add browned meat to potato mixture and stir, cook another 30 seconds to warm and then remove from heat, serve right away. Enjoy!