Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a fabulous Holiday season. With the New Year here it is a time to start fresh with a clean slate and get after our goals. While many of us have hopes and dreams it does take action to make it happen. Whether your goals pertain to losing weight, training for a triathlon, or starting a new business endeavor an action plan is critical for success. Here is a step-by-step way to ensure your goals come to fruition this 2022!
Write Down Your Goals
That is right-WRITE! There is something that happens when taking the time to actually write out your goals. It is actually one of my favorite things to do with a cup of coffee.
Write Down Why You Have These Goals
After you write down the goals. Take a few moments to write down, WHY. This serves as a great enforcer. For example, if it is weight, write down something along with the following:
I want to lose weight so I can feel great, have more energy, keep up with my kids and fit into those pair of jeans. I often find when you tie it to improving your life for yourselves and your loved ones it helps you stick to your goal.
Write Down a Realistic Timeline
Write down realistic goals and realistic timelines. I think it is great to write 30, 69 & 90 Days, 6 months, 1 year, 3 years, and even 5 years goals. However, I would like to point out if you don’t hit your goal by then DO NOT FRET. Sometimes life happens and just because you haven’t reached it by your desired time does not mean that you will NOT arrive there!
Write An Action Plan–Most Critical
Goals & timelines are only 10% of it! An action plan is critical to your success. For every goal, try to write 3 things that you will do to achieve it. If your goal is to eat better. Here are some action steps you can write:
- Go grocery shopping at least once a week
- Make more meals from scratch
- Get in greens or veggies with every meal
- Workout at least 4 times a week
- Try a new healthy recipe once a week
Revisit These Goals
Check in weekly, bi-weekly, or even monthly with your goals. Take some time to evaluate your progress!
Make a Vow To Do The Best You Can
Life happens, we fall down but what matters, in the end, is that we pick ourselves up and keep on trucking. Roadblocks will happen, we will not always meet our goals in the timely fashion we had hoped but that doesn’t mean we don’t keep going. Sometimes goals take longer than we expect or like and that is ok!
Sample Action Plan Eating Cleaner
- Grocery Shop at least once a week
- Cook with more seasoning & herbs (paprika, cayenne, basil, cinnamon, all-spice, etc.)
- Drink more LEMON WATER
- Drink herbal tea
- Try to include roasted veggies, salads, and greens with dinner
- Bring homemade lunch to work
- Try healthy cooking classes or start healthy potlucks with family, friends, or neighbors
Sample Action Plan For Staying Fit
- Workout at least 4-5 days a week
- Pick a fun event to train for with a buddy or partners
- Get outside as much as possible
- Go for walks on lunch breaks
- Walk and bike to places whenever possible
Action Plans I Have For Maintaining A Positive Mentality
- Pray upon rising
- Write down 3 things you are grateful for
- Don’t compare your journey to others
- Stay focused on my goals & know obstacles are part of the journey
- Give my attention to what matters the most (faith, family, friends, etc)
- Get involved in the community! Look for local events, non-profits, or faith-based programs to serve.
On January 10th, we are kicking off our first ever Keep Growing Nutrition & Fitness Challenge, and we would love for you to join.
What the challenge will include:
Guided meal plans for 90 Days
Grocery Lists – Budget Friendly
Light Side of Health Encouragement Group – Facebook Support Group
Weekly Zoom Calls
NEW Growing Content
To enter simply make a purchase from our SHOP. With the purchase of our products you receive a one-year membership to our premium content site and are enrolled in the 90 Day Challenge. Please note the standalone purchase of the ebook, as well as the jewelry purchase options with reduced pricing that only grants access to the encouragement page, are excluded from this offer. You can also directly subscribe to the site and receive a copy of our A Healthier You in Weeks Ebook HERE. This also makes a great gift for the holiday season. Give the gift of health as well as hope. With each purchase, we donate $1-$5 to a wonderful organization known as Food For the Soul. Food For the Soul is dedicated to spreading HOPE and providing nourishing food to those in need.
For questions regarding the challenge or enrollment please contact Gina at [email protected].
Also, a post that I have found has helped quite a few people, 10 Reasons Why You May Not Be Losing Weight can be a helpful one to review during this time.