Take your veggies and salmon to the next level with this awesome recipe! Let us know in the comments below if you try it out or how you like to sass up your veggies!
FOR THE SEARED SALMON:
- 2 six-ounce salmon fillets (one package), defrosted overnight in the refrigerator if frozen
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
FOR THE RED CURRY VEGETABLES:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 4 medium red potatoes, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 summer squash, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk
- Juice of 1/4 lime, or to taste
- Pat the thawed salmon dry and place it on a plate with the skin side up. Refrigerate the salmon uncovered while you prepare the curry.
- To make the red curry vegetables, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook for about two minutes, then stir in the curry paste. Once the curry is fragrant, add the potatoes and sweet potato and stir to coat with the paste.
- Pour in the stock, stir, and let the mixture come to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 8-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Remove the lid, stir in the bell pepper, and squash, and cook for about 3 more minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in the cream or coconut milk and lime juice. Cover the curry to keep it hot while you cook the salmon.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add a generous drizzle of olive oil to thoroughly coat the pan. Season the skin side of the salmon with salt. Add the salmon to the pan, skin side down, and season the meat with salt and pepper. Sear for three minutes, until the skin is browned and crisp. Carefully flip the salmon, turn off the heat, and let the fish continue to cook in the hot pan for three minutes, or until cooked to your desired doneness. The internal temperature of salmon must come to 145F for salmon.
- Serve the salmon on top of the vegetable curry and enjoy!
Looking for a library of low-carb recipes with no ads?!?!? Become a Light Side of Health patron today! Simply make a purchase from one of our fun tumbles, t-shirts, products, or Growing Kit and receive access to our premium nutrition, fitness, and gardening + support!