Growing Your Own Microgreens is so simple and easy! All you need is the following:
- A tray such as this 10 * 20 Growing Tray
- Some good quality soil or growing mats
- Seeds (I used Botanical Interests & True Leaf Market)
- A spray bottle
- A window with good lighting or LED Light
- Soaking your Microgreen seeds can be helpful, some recommend it. I personally don’t always do it, even on the ones that suggest it and I haven’t had an issue. But that’s not to say that when I have the time I do. With that said, soak seeds if suggested for 6-8 hours, or according to package directions.
- Depending on the type of tray or medium you are using, you will fill the bottom of your tray with water or soak the growing medium. I use soil, while some do use hydroponics.
- If using soil, add the soil to the microgreen container you will place in the tray with water.
- Add and spread out the seeds. Cover the seeds with just a little bit of soil or as the directions state.
- Fill the spray bottle with filtered water & give the seeded soil a good spray.
- Cover and place near a window until the seeds sprout. I typically keep mine covered for 3 days.
- Remove lid, and let grow until vibrant leaves appear.
- Water daily. I do this with a spray bottle and some with a small watering can.
- You can harvest in about 7-12 days for most. Others like beets can take about 21 days. Be sure to follow seed instructions.
For great videos on growing Microgreens check these out:
Let us know in the comments below how you like to grow your microgreens!