If you are looking to take your breakfast to the next level, well then we have you covered! Check out this awesome recipe protein-packed recipe. Let us know what you think in the comments below!
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 slices of turkey bacon
- 2 fully-cooked sausage links, finely chopped
- 6-8 kale leaves, stems removed, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk of choice or water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a 9×13″ pan with olive oil.
- Put the sweet potato chunks in a microwaveable bowl and add 1/4 cup water. Cover the bowl with parchment and microwave for 3-5 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are fork tender. Drain any excess water.
- Chop the turkey bacon crosswise into pieces about half an inch wide. Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until almost crisp. Add the sausage, raise the heat to medium-high, and cook until nicely browned. Add the kale and cook, stirring frequently, until wilted. Stir in the cumin, coriander, and cooked sweet potato and remove from the heat.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl with milk or water and nutritional yeast. Add the meat and vegetable mixture to the bowl and stir. Pour everything into the prepared baking dish, using a spoon to spread everything out so it’s evenly distributed.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the eggs are just set. Cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. Slice into squares and serve hot.